Sunday, May 6, 2012

Eli Manning Hosts SNL

The 2 time Super Bowl winning Quarterback, Eli Manning, hosted SNL last night.  As with many athletes, Eli Manning could have used an acting class or two before the show.  He was still funny regardless, but I'm just saying.  The one thing that did surprise me though about Eli was his use of crude humor.  It's kind of expected on SNL these days, but still took me by surprise.  A lot of dick jokes from a respectable person.

During his sketch Little Brothers, he referenced his brother Peyton, which was classic.  I definitely thought he would at least once during the show.  The court case sketch also was very funny.  His nearly awkward acting enhanced the comedy of it.

Getting off track, Rihanna was the performer.  I'm not much of a fan of her, so I shouldn't really say much, but I thought her performance was a bit odd.  During the first song, she was slapping her vagina repeatedly, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.  I do give her credit for embracing a different culture on her second song.  Either that or she was being racist.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was embracing that culture.  Overall, I did not like her performance.

On the other hand, I thought Eli Manning did a respectable job last night.  I think next week Will Ferrell will do a better job though.  Then again, he is an actor. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment